The reason most liberals hate guys like me is that I don’t fit that typical “conservative” stereotype. Yah know…the white, upper-class, Capitol Hill Republican from the south who listens to country music. No, I have no problem with my fellow brethren just mentioned because for the most part we hold true to the same conservative values; but that’s just not me. I’m a new breed of conservative…think Conservative 2.0; yet to be fully defined. I consider myself a second generation of conservative thought and attitude.
Here are some other reasons why I get no love from liberals (in no particular order of importance):
- I’m a minority in their eyes and aren’t all minorities supposed to be democrats? (although I consider myself an American first)
- I’m educated with a graduate degree (with no financial assistance from the government)
- I’m charismatic, hip and urban of course
- I’m a recovering democrat (really, I am.)
- I know my sh@#! Meaning…I’m informed about many issues and make uninformed liberals look silly, especially the ones in San Francisco that try and debate me
- I hold firm in my belief structure; even though I am surrounded by liberal ideology and actions
I, personally don’t hate liberals at all. Some of my best friends, co-workers, former managers are all liberals; and they are great people. It’s all about tolerance, right? Isn’t that what all the left wing groups cry about when they want acceptance?
Technorati Tags: liberal, liberalism, conservative blog